To be born is a blessing.
To be able to enjoy nature’s beauty is a blessing.
To be able to have a chance to say “I love” and “I’m sorry” is a blessing.
Youth is indeed a beautiful thing. It is an era of one’s life where one simply enjoys being young.
A lot of books and songs were made in order to celebrate this milestone in our lives. A lot of movies too were made that clearly showed what it is “to be young, wild and free.”
Youth, like a burning lamp glowing brightly through out the dark night, eventually burns out and fade away.
Being in my late 20s made me realise the my own light is slowly dimming out as the years continue to pass by.
Responsibilities begin to start pilling up. Bills payment, insurance, healthcare plans, … and the list does not simply stop there.
From attending sweet sixteen parties and debuts back in the day, invitations sent in the mail are now of weddings or of baptismal ceremonies.
Before I even had a chance to blink. . . time flew by instantly.
This is what happens when you get caught up in everything. And this is what life throws at you casually.
- Trying desperately to find any good opportunity you can simply get your hands on.
- Trying to meet ends meet on a monthly basis
- And simply.. trying to get by everyday.
I too was blinded by all that.
- Trying to get into the best college and working my way up.
- Trying to find the best opportunity that could propel me all the way to the top.
- And simply.. trying as hard as I could.
This was how I lived.
Is this how you live as well?
Until one day, a rude awakening came by knocking on my doorsteps.
I began to slowly see the wrinkles on my mom’s face. Age spots that washed away her youthful beauty. And my dad’s thick black hair was now thinning out in grey hues.
When did I miss all that?
Did you miss all those details as well?
And that’s when it hit me…hard. Time doesn’t stop because we work tirelessly. And most importantly, time doesn’t halt because we want it to.
So as my youth slowly fades away, here are some of the things I want to remind myself in a day to day basis.
- Appreciate life, it is a blessing to wake up every single day.
- Amidst everything, spend time with the people who matter most. Family and friends won’t be there forever. Cherish every moment.
- Say “I’m sorry”, coz we do make mistakes. Say “I love you”, since time won’t tell when it would be the last.
What are the top three things you want to remember on a day to day basis?
Feel free to answer any of the bolded questions up above.
I really can’t wait to hear from you.
What are you thoughts? Please do comment down below.
Let us all share the love this holiday season 😊
© 2018 Dailytidbits All Rights Reserved